Personal Information Collected by Company
When the Platform Operator applies for using the Services, or uses the Services, the Company may require the Platform Operator to provide the personal information of the Platform Operator (in case of a natural person), and that of its representatives, persons-in-charges, business operators, managers and/or employees for the purpose of the Services (together with Platform Operator (in case of a natural person), the "Personnel"), including, without limitation, the Personnel's name, date of birth identification number, address, telephone number, email address, bank account information, and/or other personal information that is required for the Company to review the Platform Operator's application for the Services and provide the Services and may directly or indirectly identify the identity of the Personnel (collectively, the "Personal Information").>
The Platform Operator acknowledges and agrees (and the Platform Operator represents and warrants that the Personnel has acknowledged and agreed) that the Company may conduct a merger, spin-off, business transfer or any other transaction, whereby the Personal Information that the Company collected from the Platform Operator may be transferred to a third party.
Use of the Services
To provide the best possible Services to the Platform Operator, as well as for maintenance and security purposes, Cookies will be used to store user settings, to record access figures as well as monitoring usage patterns and statistics. The Platform Operator can choose to deactivate Cookies, however in such circumstances the Platform Operator will not be able to use parts of the Services which require Cookies to be active such as those requiring the Platform Operator to login.
Upon the Platform Operator's access to the Services, the Platform Operator's IP address, browser type, and browser language etc., will be automatically obtained and stored on the platform of LINE Pay (the "Platform"). Such information will be used to analyze user environments, thereby enabling the Company to provide better Services, as well as to prevent any unauthorized/fraudulent practices that may interfere with normal Services operations.
Purpose for Collection, Process, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
The Company may collect, process, use and disclose the Personal Information for the following purposes, including but not limited to:
• to review and verify the Platform Operator's application for the use of the Services in order to decide whether to accept the application;
• to prevent any unauthorized/fraudulent use of the Services;
• to offer undisturbed and smooth Services to the Platform Operator (including, without limitation, software upgrades and improvements of the Services);
• to aggregate statistical data regarding the Services;
• to conduct research and analysis aimed at reviewing and improving Services;
• to enable the Company to deal effectively with the Platform Operator's inquiries;
• to provide information regarding new future developments regarding the Services;
• to perform identity checks when the Platform Operator makes an inquiry or gives an instruction to the Company;
• to provide Customer Services to the Platform Operator (including, without limitation, processing claims relating to purchased items and the Services);
• to notify the Platform Operator of any other important information regarding the Services and to contact the Platform Operator where necessary;
• to prevent, detect and investigate crime and analyze and manage commercial risks and conducting investigations relating to disputes, billing or fraud;
• in connection with any claims, actions or proceedings (including but not limited to drafting and reviewing documents, transaction documentation, obtaining legal advice, and facilitating dispute resolution), and/or protecting and enforcing the Company’s contractual and legal rights and obligations;
• to meet or comply with any applicable rules, laws, regulations, codes of practice or guidelines issued by any legal or regulatory bodies which are binding on the Company (including but not limited to responding to regulatory complaints, disclosing to regulatory bodies and conducting audit checks, due diligence and investigations); and/or
• to conduct any other activities that are required to provide the Services.
In addition, where permitted under the Act, the Company may collect, process, use and disclose Personal Information for the following additional purposes:
• to provide information regarding the Services as well as advertising information from LINE Group Members, which include the affiliates and subsidiaries of LINE Corporation;
• to provide or market services, products and benefits to you, including but not limited to special events and promotions from the Company; and
• any other purpose reasonably related to the aforesaid.
In addition, the Platform Operator agrees (and represents and warrants that the Personnel has agreed) that the Company may entrust, to the extent the Company considers necessary to achieve the intended purpose concerning the use of the Services, the handling of the Personal Information collected from the Platform Operator, in whole or in part, to a third party contractor (the "Outsourced Contractor") to provide the Services hereunder. In such circumstances, the Company will take steps to ensure that the Outsourced Contractor abides by the Act, including by adequately assess the qualifications and eligibility of the Outsourced Contractor, stipulate a confidentiality clause in the relevant agreement with the Outsourced Contractor, and establish an appropriate information administration system.
Shared Use of Information
During the period when the Platform Operator uses the Services, the Personal Information may be processed and used in the form(s) of printed documents and/or electronic files or otherwise by the Company, the LINE Group Members, and/or the Outsourced Contractors within and/or outside Thailand.
Platform Operator's and the Personnel's Rights
The Platform Operator may, and the Personnel may via the Platform Operator, at any time, confirm, supplement or correct the Personal Information with the Company.
When the Platform Operator (or the Personnel via the Platform Operator) requests access to the Personal Information (including copies of their Personal information) that the Platform Operator is unable to confirm/access through the Services, the Company may charge the Platform Operator a fee for the disclosure procedures. The Platform Operator can choose freely whether or not it will provide the Company with the Personal Information, however the Platform Operator may be unable to use a part of the Services until the Platform Operator has provided the Company with the necessary information.
Withdrawal from the Services
If the Platform Operator and/or the Personnel withdraws its/his/her consent to any or all use of the Personal Information, depending on the nature of the request, the Company may not be in a position to continue to provide its Services to the Platform Operator, administer any contractual relationship in place, which in turn may also result in the termination of any agreements with the Company, and the Platform Operator being in breach of its/his/her contractual obligations or undertakings. The Company’s legal rights and remedies in such event are expressly reserved.